Monday, September 22, 2008

WAR - Weekend 1

WAR - Weekend 1

Previously, "I ended the evening with Ironbreaker R12 RR8, and Runepriest R11 RR8."

Results
09.21.2008 Sanctume, Ironbreaker R18 RR14
09.21.2008 Spiritstone, Rune Priest R17 RR12

I have over 2 days 4 hours /played on Sanctume with definite /afks since it sucks to be in a wait queue for 5-30 minutes in Skull Throne server.

There's an Armory type page called Realm Wars, click the link above for mine.

Friday night

My immediate goal was to get to Rank 14 so that I can get a weapon upgrade for the Ironbreaker.

And also for some of the cool abilities such as Knock Down, Knock Away, and the Prayer of Mending type healing--a heal that automatically jumps to those needing it.

I queued up for Mourkain Temple (Dwarf vs Greenskin) Tier 2 Scenario while I did the quests in the Dwarf zone, Marshes of Madness. I also had to adjust a few hotkeys so that I can strafe left and right on both computers.

In the T2 scenario, the Order side wins and loses about half the time. Whoever gets the artifact first eventually wins. When a rank 20 mounts up from the start, this indicates that my wide will most likely win. I would put my Oathfriend and Guard on that player; and have the Rune Priest set his defensive target.

The server queue is so bad that I kept my toons logged in and asked my daughter to press the Space Bar once in a while--while I spent about 30 minutes cooking dinner in the kitchen.

I hit Rank 14 at the end of Friday Night.

Saturday

I have moved to Barak Var, the 2nd area of the Dwarf T2 zone. Questing and queue for scenarios.

We had people on the queue, so we did the Troll Crossing scenario. I dropped Spiritstone and let my son play his Archmage solo for a bit.

The scenario was great exp, and I also did some grinding for the "Kill NPC" who gives some flat exp for every specific mob I kill.

After the guild scenario was done, I was near Rank 15 while Spiritstone was still in Rank 14.

I had several crash to desktop on one machine but seldom both. I would play scenario on the Rune Priest while the Ironbreaker is in the server wait queue.

I think I hit Rank 16 and R15 at the end of my Saturday gamign sesison.

Sunday

The server wait queue are the same 5 to 20 minutes long. With some crash to desktop. I even crashed loading Altdorf on one machine that costed me 15 minutes. I was ran out of quest in Barak Var so I I wondered if I can do the sewers in Altdorf--NOPE, a bunch of R 14 Champions, and multi-mob pulls.

I dumped my apothecary stuff in the Bank and went back to Shadowlands -- Chapter 5/6/7 Highelf zone.

The leveling has definitely slowed. I consumed all the PvE content for Tier 2 Dwarf and I'm only Rank 16 into Tier 2--with some scenarios played.

This is becoming a slow level grind.

I've played more Phenix Gate scenarion on Sunday. It is similar to Warsong Gulch. Cap flags. First 500 point wins. Whoever has more point after 15 minutes, scenario ends.

There's a bug that the Destruction side exploit.. They cap our flag, and they can run up to their starting area. The problem here is there are Rank 50 guard that can one shot any T2 player.

There's also an area on the Order side that is not climbable by the Destruction. In this hilltop, there's a Repeater Balista that an 1 player can man constant shooting whoever gets in range in middle and part of the Order flag area. The only setback here is as I tried manning with a R16, I got lousy exp and RR because most battles happen elsewhere other than the middle.

Next Goal

Elyrion is the next zone for Chapter 8/9/10 I think. I hope to hit Rank 20 after finishing Elyrion. If not, then I will just grind scenarios and kill quests.

Buy a mount (mini-copter) at Rank 20 for 15 gold. I think I have 22 gold on the Ironbreaker, and 17 gold on the Rune Priest.

No comments: