Wednesday, September 17, 2008

WAR - SE Head Start - Day 1

WAR - SE Head Start - Day 1

4:30 - 5:30 am
I was able to get to Rank 2 early in the morning from from 4:45 to 5:15 or so.
I only did the initial area quests, but did not do any scenario RvR.
My key mapping and macro are still intact from open beta.

7:00 - 7:25 pm PST - prime time
After another quick WAR.exe patch download, my wait queue for Skull Throne server was 364 of 364, estimated wait time was 40 minutes.
I got into vent and talked with the guildies. The highest level in the guild was Rank 14.

In the 25 minute wait queue, I managed to do some house chores and some bite to eat, add a few more keys in my script.txt for HotKeyNet, and read up on various message forums.

7:30 am - 1:00 am.
I played an Ironbreaker (IB), and Rune Priest (RP). I queued to a scenario right away.
Then I ran to the Chapter 2 town to pick up Scavenging for the IB, and Magical Salvaging for the RP.
I recalled back to the starting area to do more quest until Rank 4. I think I got in a scenario within 5 minutes.

By the time I was ready to bind in the Chapter 2 Town, I ran to the first Warcamp (not far).
I totally forgot to use my Renown Training points, 1 each Rank.
I was Rank 5 by the time I got to the Warcamp. I bought some Renown Rank (RR) Gear.
I used my RR training to get:
2 points in 5% EXP in RvR
2 points in 5% more gold from RvR loot
1 points in Toughness +3

In the WarCamp
This is an awkward place to be in because I want to maximize Rank xp and RR xp by doing scenarios.
There is a repeatable quest that you turn in, win or lose, by participating the RvR Scenario. I think I get 1400 xp for tuning in the quest.
This quest can be turned in the WarCamp, or any Chapter 2, or some Public Quest area where the NPC gives the RvR scenario quest.

The awkward part is, there is a "Kill 10 Enemy players" repeatable quest available only in the WarCamp.
Being in an RvR scenario, that 10 kill credit can come fast. On losing scenarios, I sometimes only get 3 or 7 kills.
But that quest is usually completed after the 2nd scenario queue.

So, I try to finish quests in the Chapter 2 area while I queue for the scenario.

By Rank 2, I managed to "solo 2-Box" a Chapter 2 Public Quest (PQ) inside the mines. Well, there's a 3rd person who prefer to solo.
After I completed the PQ objective, with 100% damage/healing on the last part. The 3rd person was still able to "roll" for the PQ Chest Loot.
My IB was last in the roll, my RP was the first, and the 3rd ungrouped solo person was 2nd.
I got a decent Body armor from it, so it was all good.

2-Boxing in an RvR Scenario.
I only played on the Dwarf area scneario. Capture 3 flag area. Whoever side gets 500 points first wins.

When the enemy don't bother attacking the healers in the back, my Ironbreaker was fighting 3 equal level enemies without a problem.
My RP was spamming 2 second cast nukes more than healing early on. I mostly rely on a instant HOT that heals 1500 health over 15 seconds.

By Rank 8, my RP has a variety of keys that coincides with the IB keys.
Key: IB -- RP ability hotkeys:
T: Taunt -- Detaunt
1: Normal Melee attack that builds Grudge -- 2 sec cast Nuke
2: Throw -- Insta cast DOT.
3: Vengeful Strike dmg + Toughness to both -- Insta nuke 5 sec cool down
4. Grudge Attack dmg + Armor to both -- Assist Key
5: Shield Slam Knockdown attack -- Insta Heal small
6: Snare attack + DOT -- Insta HOT
7. none -- Damage reduction bubble
8. Shield Cone AoE attack -- AoE DOT
9. Oath Friend Buff -- RP Buff str/int I htink.
0. Flee -- Flee
-. Grudge to Action Points -- not key mapped.
=. Heal Potion -- not key mapped.

U: none -- Insta Heal
I: none -- Target RP
F: /follow -- /follow IB
G: none -- /target IB, /follow

So based on this, I can press "I" and use any healing on the RP from the IB's controllingn keyboard.
I + U: heal RP
I + 6: hot RP
I + 7: bubble RP

I usually smash my "4" key for assist.
4 + T is the best opener. Taunt on IB give 30% more damage. Detaut from RP makes the target do less damage.

I also spam G + F, or G + G to set auto follow.

I am having trouble passing "H" as Strafe Left for both IB and RP.
I wanted to use it to stop auto follow and give distance between my RP from the front lines.

When the enemy goes for the RP, the RP has some tools to help survive.
Detaunt + Bubble + Hot + spamm small heals.
By this time, I manually use MOUSE CLICKS on the IB if it's only 1v2 or 2v2.
Using mouse clicks at this point enables me to just spam 5, 6, 6 so the RP does not attack the enemy which breaks Detaunt.

I use the mouse clicks on hotkey 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8. I might start using J, K and L for those attack purpose that dont pass keys for the RP's keyboard.

Ahh, that's all for now.

I ended my night parked at the WarCamp with 2 quests left in the Chapter 2 area.
Both my Ironbreaker and Rune Priest were Rank 8 at 5 hours + x minutes /played.

No comments: