Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WAR - Open Beta - Day 2

WAR - Open Beta - Day 2

[b]2-Box: failed at attempt 1[/b]
1. I got 2 WAR.exe running on 2 separate computers.

2. KeyClone don't work. KeyClone sends WinKey to windows and WAR client don't accept that.

3. My other software solution is to use HotKeyNet which I will try later on.

4. So I try the old pure dual box, 2 mice, 2 keyboards.

5. I made 2 simple macro:
"G" /target
"F" /follow
"4" /assist

6. There is not much documentation on how to set up other parameters such as /cast, or /focus.

7. The macro I created for one character, is the same macro for the other character of the same account. I did not see any option to create a separate macro for each character's local copy.

WoW has 18 global macro + 18 local (individual character) macro.

8. There is no /macro command. I have to access the macro via ESC then choose Macro from the main menu.

[b]Video and User Settings[/b]

9. My lag on my laptop is still there even when I updated the current video drivers, and enabled SLI running at 1920 x 1200 @ Balanced setting. I will need to tweak it again.

Also, I'm only have 2 Go 7950 GTX, which is already dated according to this [url=http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-cards,1965-6.html]list of video cards[/url].

10. In past games, the excitement I feel about playing them usually is an motivator to upgrade at least one of my 3 gaming machines. I have no desire to upgrade for WAR this time.

11. My desktop computer running a single 7800 GT loads things faster. But I set that up as "Highest Framerate" instead of Balance or Quality.

12. WAR.exe does not run in a Portrait Mode of my monitor, so I switch back to landscape at 1600 x 1080. I get no error message. I get nothing, just back to the desktop.

[b]Dual Boxing Alts[/b]

13. I rolled an Iron Breaker + Rune Priest. Tank and Healer--yeah nothing exciting about it.

14. The Ironbreaker basically pulls with a range weapon, then mash attack buttons.

15. The Rune Priest Assist, Dot, Assist Nuke, Heal, Hot. It's the most simple way to control a 2nd keyboards without moving the mouse too much.

16. I wish I know the command to "Accept" via keyboards hotkey.

17. I wish there is a way to Rlick on a quest and Share it, instead of opening the quest log (Tome of Knowledge) and find the Share link.

18. Turning in quest is the same limitation as in WoW. Each character needs to R-Click on the NPC, and click the correct orange Icon, then click on the rewards / complete.

I don't see why there's no UI / AI that auto complete quests that gives one rewards when I'm in the vicinity of the NPC.

19. Kill Quest - everyone in the group gets credit for killing mobs needed for a quest, great.

20. Collection Quest - they suck as each group member has to collect for themselves. Collection quest should be just like kill quest, give credit to all group members.

For example, I rolled 2 Witch Hunters. The quest wanted to open 3 doors to free peasants. I have to open 6 doors total for the group, instead of 3. It's stupid and a waste of time.

[b]PvE Questing vs RvR Leveling[/b]

21. I stopped trying to do quest and I just kept joining queue for the RvR scenario at the beginning town.

22. Dwarf - Ironbreaker + Rune Priest. The win-loss is pretty much 50-50, for a bunch of level 1s. But then there will be times when I enter with a level 11 tank enemy soaking all the level 1- 7 nukes to no avail because he has level 10+ healers behind.

23. Empire - 2x Witch Hunters. 2 range classes work ok but each needs some active button mashing. It can work when I get HotKeyNet working. I can also try a hardware solution.

23. Empire - 2x Bright Wizards. 2 Nuke Class own as long as there are no enemy melee nearby, but when they get on me, I'm dead. I think I died the most as Bright Wizards, definitely need to be in a coordinated and balanced group to be this fragile dps.

24. Elves - Sword Master + Arch Mage. The 2 works great. The sword master has his combo sequence type play style, and the Archmage has dots and hots, nukes and heals.

25. I progress well with the Elf Sword Master and Arch Mage combo. My Arch Mage still gets exp and Renown points while auto following most of the time.

No comments: