Friday, September 12, 2008

WAR Day 4 - Open Beta 2-Box Witch Hunter



Combat System with 2x Melee Class

1. I got 2 Witch Hunters (WH) around Rank 6 last night, mostly doing PvE quests and about 3 scenario runs. Named them Laracroft and Hansolo!

2. My son who is 8 controlled the 2nd WH some of the time, but I did usually use my broadcast keys to auto follow my main WH and I also had plenty of times where I was controlling both WH to fight in combat.

3. Combat using 2 melee in WAR is much easier in than WoW.

4. Auto Follow does not break even when the 2nd WH is auto melee attacking, using melee ability on the enemy target.

5. I would pull a mob and position the mob between me and the 2nd WH. I read that at later levels, attacking from behind give extra damage.

Public Quests with Witch Hunters

6. With 2 WH, both characters were up in the top 10 contributions in public quests.

7. The definite drawback of WH is we can't tank. There was a remote PQ and there was no tank. Trying to kill a Rank 4 Hero NPC even at Wh Rank 6, my ass got handed by the NPC.

I can imagine some game sessions I would have in the future on a time where no one is playing except me. My 2 WH setup won't be able to finish a PQ that I'm grinding for area influence.

Witch Hunters in RvR

8. I spent some time observing zerg behavior in RvR, and there seems to be some gung ho type guys who breaks away from the main zerg to try to cap objectives by themselves, or gank people who are doing the same thing, or flank the casters that stay behind the front lines, or are looking to road fight.

9. Since I don't have stealth yet I find myself hanging in the back with the casters and sure enough, those gung ho player attacking the casters become my target.

Crafting System

10. I wanted to try a Talisman Crafting because I looted some stuff for Talisman Making. I end up with 1 Talisman Crafter who has not done anything.

11. My main WH took Scavenging Skill which is allows me to loot some corpses. It's similar to Skinning in WoW. If a corpse is looted from normal loot, the corpse sometimes can be scavenge.

12. Since I was looting a lot, my bags become full quick.

User Interface/Addons
13. I also downloaded Auto Loot Addon from curse gaming. This was installed in the User Interface/Addons folder. "User Interface/Addons/Auto Loot"

14. I think Talismans are similar to Jewelcrafting in WoW. Some items have Talisman Slots to min/max stats. Which lead to me researching what Stat Attributes are in WAR.

Stats and Attributes in WAR

15. I found this off the VN Boards. You can also mouse over the (P) Character Page and it will tell you what each stat do:

16. Strength increases your damage with melee damage, both magical and physical. It also lowers your enemy's chance to parry.

17. Weapon Skill increases your armor penetration and increases your chance to parry.

18. Ballistic Skill increases your damage with ranged abilities, physical only. It also lowers your enemy's chance to block.

19. Initiative increases your chance to dodge and reduces your chance to be crit. It also increases your stealth detection.

20. Intelligence increases your damage with ranged abilities, magical only. It also lowers your enemy's chance to disrupt.

21. Willpower increases your disrupt and increases your healing power.

22. Toughness is a flat decrease to the damage you receive, based on the speed of the attack.

23. Wounds increases your health by 10 HP per 1 wounds.

24. Armor increases your physical damage absorbtion, both ranged and melee.
Block increases your chance to avoid all damage, melee/ranged and physical/magical.

25. Parry increases your chance to avoid melee damage, both physical and magical.

26. Dodge increases your chance to avoid ranged physical damage.
Disrupt increases your chance to avoid ranged magical damage.

27. There's also Resists.

Bugs and Annoyance

28. The server Ekrund kept crashing last night.

29. There is a major bug in /invite that invite someone else from the player name I type.

30. Even when I target the player and choose Invite to Party, I was getting "cannot invite enemy player" bullshit message. I'm sure it will be fixed since they announced it's gone gold.

Witch Hunter Guide

31. I started googling for Witch Hunter guide to get some more ideas, and here's one I found entertaining from some tester's blog:

http://www.lookingforgrog.com/2008/08/184/

No comments: