Wednesday, September 24, 2008

WAR - Destruction Day 2

WAR - Destruction Day 2

So yeah, I re-rolled a new pair: Rahl, a Chosen with Jennsen, a Zealot.

Rahl is a reference to House of Rahl, and Richard Rahl, Master of Dhara from Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. The name Kahlan was taken, so I took Jennsen who is a half-sister to Richard and is immune to direct magic. I could not think of any good combo names, and I did not want to use Sanctume + Spiritstone combo again--maybe later on alternate characters.

I work late on Tuesdays so I did not have much time to play, but I managed to get to Rank 6 before I logged out for the night. I think my /played time was 5 hours and new to the starting area.

The Chosen plays similarly with the Ironbreaker but his damage is more Spirit Based by debuffing the enemy of magical resistance which then leaves the target vulnerable for more spell damage from the group.

The Ironbreaker can strip the target's armor so more melee damage can happen.

The Zealot plays the same as the Rune Priest.

The knowledge and experience I gained playing the Ironbreaker and Rune Priest was very useful as I am tackling the content more aggressively than just sword and board + healing style.

I use a 2H weapon when dealing with PvE content, and only switch to one-hander and Shield for tougher Champion and Hero npc.

In PvP, I use the 2H on skirmishes, and 1H+Shield when defending objective, or meeting a zerg.

My 2nd computer crashed to desktop twice last night, it seems like it crashes after 2 hours playing. There's no wait queue to enter Drakwald server. The scenario wait for Tier 1 is more than 5 minutes, but I was able to focus on grinding PvE content for influence points and experience points, so the queue times was ok.

When queue times are faster, it is better to just hang around the warcamp so that I can complete the scenario quest and kill enemy quest.

I hope to get to Rank 10 before Friday, and try to get Rank 20 before next week.

No comments: