Friday, September 19, 2008

WAR - Day 1

The Skull Throne server has its usual wait queue to enter around 20 minutes during prime time.

My Rune Priest crashed to desktop and so I played my Ironbreaker while the RP was in queue. When my Ironbreaker crashed to desktop (WAR.exe error), I queued and took a break.

I ended the evening with Ironbreaker R12 RR8, and Runepriest R11 RR8.

I was doing quests in Chapter 5 and 6 and I have a few completed quest that I can turn in, but I am not sure which town/area to go and turn them in. I hate the running between towns without Flight Path.

Instead, I just keep doing Tier 2 scenarios and repeat that with the kill 25 enemy quests. The scenario goes fast within 2 minutes that I don't have time to get to the other quest before I am queued in.

PvP in Tier 2 - Dwarf vs Greenskin Scenario
I see a lot of Witch Elves stealth and attack the back ranks of healer and caster.

Since I was low level 11, I moved front and back with the IB without staying too long. I build enough Grudge to snare and knockdown targets that one of the higher level tanks focuses on. My IB switched Oathfriend and Guard often.

When the RP is under attack, I reset Oathbound and Guard, and the Rune Priest can stay up even when there's 2 higher level enemies (level 15/16s Black Orcs/Chosen) on the RP.

The RP has the non-interrupt bubble and the big heal and a decent Hot. With Taunt + Detaunt, and my IB's shield knock downs, I buy enough time for the allies to kill that targets.

I also observe that a lot of cross healing happening when there's a tank that tries to slow down the enemies in the back ranks.

The /assist key throws me off still because it does not work switching to that player that needs healing. I needed to add an /aid hotkey so RP can have a target to heal other than the IB.

What's the next goal?

I can't wait to get Rank 14. I think there are blue gear from the keeps that would be decent upgrades.

Then from Rank 15 to 20, I plan to grind PQ for gold to buy mounts at Rank 20.

Rank 14 will also have some decent ability combo for the IB and RP:

Ironbreaker "Away With Ye" is a 30 grudge knock back. I've seen this used effectively when knocking enemy front line tanks into my team, putting distance from the enemy's healers, and into my teams focus fire.

The Rune Priest "Rune of Serenity" is a heal that jumps to the next ally. This is similar to WOW's Prayer of Mending. It's a fire and forget heal.

No comments: