Thursday, September 11, 2008

War Open Beta - Day 3

War Open Beta - Day 3

2-Boxing Software

1. I was able to use HotKeyNet from hotkeynet.com. It's free and faily easy to setup.

2. I set my laptop as server, and the 2nd computer setup as client.

3. I write and load a text file script that basically broadcast a keystroke to both computers.

4. I started broadcasting keys: 1 to 9, F, G, U, I and SPACE.

WAR Macro
5. I did my standard Assist, Target, Follow macro.

6. I need a macro to heal my target something like:
/cast [target=Sanctume]

7. /macro don't open the macro edit box. I stil have to press ESC then choose macro from the menu.

2-Box Game Play Tank + Healer

8. I played from level 1 an Iron Breaker with a Rune Priest 2-box.

9. The character who does the auto follow stays around 5 feet away, and can get stuck quickly from obstacles and other players.

10. The Ironbreaker pulls with a thrown weapon using Key 2, and mashes Key 1 to use a melee ability.

11. The Rune Priest has the assist macro in Key 4. After I hit 4, and mash Key 1, my Ironbreaker uses his melee and the Rune Priest uses his nuke spell on the mob my Ironbreaker is on.

12. The Rune Priest has Key U with the insta heal spell. It seems like after I assist, pressing the U will heal the Ironbreaker.

13. I want to setup Key I to heal the Rune Priest himself.

14. I am unsure how the /aid command works.

2-Box Game Play: 2x Melee

15. When I pull a mob with my Ironbreaker and move back towards the Rune Priest, assisting does not break auto follow.

16. The Rune Priest starts auto attacking also automatically does some sort of /face or /stick to the current mob.

17. If my Ironbreaker pulls the mob behind the Rune Priest, the Rune Priest turns to continue auto attacking the mob.

18. I moved my Level 2 IronBreaker in a spot where at least 4 agro are near, and I was able to fight all 4 mobs with little issue since the Rune Priest can nuke and heal.

19. The Rune Priest grabs agro sometimes but there are spells and abilities at later levels to to manage agro between Tank and Healer.

The rest of the evening I played with the guild and I used my 7 Rune Priest who dinged to Rank 8 / Renown Rank 8

No comments: