Thursday, September 18, 2008

WAR - Last Day of Head Start

This got to be the shittiest gaming session.

I only leveled from 8 to 10, with 2 scenario RvR in the beginning. After I got booted off a scenario to character selection screen and a 2 minute queue, my 2-box did not get in any RvR anymore.

My UI says I'm in the queue, but I never got in for the rest of the night.
I end up doing most of Chapter 3, 4, and 5 Dwarf area PvE quests. I also did a few PQ which I thought was a waste of my time.

Obsinius (guildie) said it best, WAR fails without RvR. PvE is ok some of the time, but not all the time.

Anyway, I pushed my Ironbreaker with mostly Renown Gear at Rank 8 killing mobs Rank 7 to 9. At Rank 10, I was killing mobs Rank 9 to 12. I pull 3 to 4 mobs and see how many AoE I can handle them when clearing quest objectives. My only AoE is some shield move the minor cone damage, while the Rune Priest have an AoE Dot. AoE becomes micro-managing the Snare Dot Grudge move, with the RP assist dotting each target. Then it's a matter using shield bash when it's up.

The RP uses the small insta heal every shield bash the IB does, and the RP casts HOT every snare move the IB does.

NPC Champions and Hero are easy too with the IB's Taunt, and the RP's Detaunt combo. I would then cycle to grudge moves that give buffs: Toughness, Armor, and Strength. I also started using hotkeys to use up the RP's Rune Nuke, and the Morale abilities when the come up.

I was hoping I hit Rank 14 last night, but I'm satisfied to be able to access Tier 2 at least.

I'm R10 RR8. I will probably grind RR exp as 11 IB + 11 RP in the Tier1 scenario and play more out 2-boxing in a pvp environment.

I got sick of PvE last night that I took a 15 minute break and rolled 2 Engineers, named them [b]Locken and Load[/b]. Oddly enough, they got in a couple of RvR scenarios, I wondered why my IB/RP could not get in--but it was too late as I was in a Tier 2 camp at R9 at the time, I could not queue for the Tier2 scenario yet.

As fro the 2 Engineers, I wonder if they have good burst damage as a duo, without the weakness of 2 Bright Wizards.

No comments: