Sunday, September 14, 2008

WAR Last Day Open Beta

I managed to get in a week of open beta. I only played at night after work, about 4 to 6 hours a night, less server downtimes. I logged in 12 hours on Satuday.

Rune Priest (RP) Level 8. Soloed.

The only healer with consistent spike heals on demand.

My solo dps is slow but enough to get my the low levels:
1. 1 or 2 sec cast small nuke, no cool down (CD)
2. Instant small damage over time (DOT)
3. Instant a bit big nuke with 5 CD

It's easy to get groups going because everyone knows having a healer makes things go faster.

When I was getting beat on, I have an array to prolong my survival:
1. Instant Detaunt on a target hitting me makes their damage to me less right away, 50% i think.
2. Instant Self Damage reduction buff. I think 30%
3. Instant small heal.
4. Instan heal over time (HOT)
5. 2 sec cast bubble that makes casting uninterruptable to some degree
6. 2 sec cast huge heal
7. I believe I get another huge instal heal from Morale (being in combat for a long duration)

I would say that RP some great survivability by itself, but also improves with a dedicated IB passive mitigation buffs.

Iron Breaker (IB) Level 10. 2-box with WP.

I think this is the type of tank that focuses on survival--prolonging fights in order for other group to do their job.

An IB builds Grudge (or Rage as per WoW Warrior) by using some abilities. What differs from Rage is that some abilities that require Grudge is like a finishing move that unloads all the Grudge you have stored, but the damage bonus is broken by tiers 0-24, 25, 50, 75, and max of 100.

The best tools for IB are:
1. Oathfriend (OF) on one target. +10 Grudge each time OF is attacked.
2. Taunt. Target's is interrupted, takes 30% more damage from me. Lasts 15 second, or I get hit 3 times. 15 sec CD.
3. Guard. put this on your OF and split the damage done to them and you.

The next best utility I've used for Grudge are:
1. Binding Grudge - 10 sec Dot + 40% Snare
2. Shield of Reprisal - 225 damage + 3 second knockdown
There's plenty more at later levels.

There's also utility abilities that buff me and my OF:
1. Vengeful Strike - 120 Toughness for 20 seconds.
2. Guarded Attack - 990 Armor for 20 seconds
3. Inspiring Attack - 120 Strength for 20 seconds, with
25-100 Grudge" Willpower 120 - 480. Willpower helps healers from being disrupted.

With the use of shields, my IB can my stick around in battle a bit longer; and give more mitigation to one player, my OF.

Warrior Priest (WP) Level 10. 2-box with IB.

Granted I only played WP as a 2nd in my 2-box set up, but there are plenty of passive healing and some micro management HOTs while I'm doing melee DPS.

There is little spike heals from a WP, so fights with the IB is a bit of a a gamble and hope that allies come join the fray and spot heal / dps while defending a flag area.

Fighting in RvR this IB/WP duo can handle 2 to 3 even players even with just the HOTs.

WP uses Righteous Fury (RF) and it's similar to a WoW Rogue's energy. I start with 250 and it gets used up to cast abilities requiring RF.

This also means, I have abilities that helps build RF back up.

Healing
1. Dvine Aid (55 RF) 247 heal + 663 hot over 9 sec
2. Healing Hand (30 RF) 1500 hot over 15 sec
3. Divine Strike (30 RF) 75 damage. Then heals 50% od damage dealt to defensive target + alliest within 10 feet. Insta cast, no CD.

4. Prayer of Devotion - Group Buff. 20% chance heal 112 when groupmates attack enemy.
5. Divine Favor (Rank 1 Morale) 1800 Heal on one target. Morale takes time to build up, so this is situational extra healing.

It's too early a level to determine how much damage and toughness the WP can be at max level. If they are tough enough that the enemy will choose a clothie as first target, then they have potential.

I hope WP can use Shields. Whatever renown gear I got it was eitehr a 2Hander, or 1 hander + book offhand.

Witch Hunters 2x Level 7 - 2 Box.

Their damage is uber.
Positional damage from behind is easy to do with 2 characters.

It would also be uber if I got them stealth so I can dump damage 2x.

But as I was leveling them without a tank and healer, I get owned by adds.

In Public Quest (PQ), it's easy to get people in a group and both my toons are on to of highest contributions. The drawback is when it's 2 am and no one is around, I can't do an even level Champion/Hero NPC. I get no where other than play in pugs.

In Pug games in Nordenwatch, there often a few of the zergs who break way from the pack, and those are my targets.

I don't last long when I get focused fired in a clash of zergs.

The rest I leveled were less than level 6. Sword Master 4, Arch Mage 4, Bright Wizard 3, a 2nd Ironbreaker 2, a 2nd Rune Priest 3.

No comments: