Monday, April 7, 2008

Back to LBRS, then Outlands

I was not happy with the xp gains grinding Blood Furnace with the 55 Shaman with level 60s and 70s. So, I went back to LBRS and grinded some xp until level 57.80%

My dps was also lacking since I was not running 2 Mages and wiped many times in the "bonus pull." The bonus pull was to shield pull the troll below just before the ogres. They path around and come with lots of troll axe throwers that knock back, troll priests that hex, and 3 ogre adds that are just beefy. With 2 mages doing blizzards, they die fast. But with only 1 mage, the dps was not enough to kill the priest and start chain hexing that kills the party.

After LBRS, I went back and cleared Blood Furnace twice. I tested the ultimate xp. With 3 Shaman level 58, 60, and 60, they were getting 300-400 per kill versus 61 elites. When I tested a level 58 tagging a 61 elite solo, he was getting over 1000 xp per kill. But the pulls are more than 1 so he dies fast without proper cc and focus fire. This is hard to do via multi keyclone. It was better to just have the paladin AoE and Mage to focus fire the entire instance. I might try this later on in Shadow Labs.


After 2 runs in Blood Furnace, I hit Outlands Hellfire Quest. I logged off last night at 59.95% with a quest to turn in. And my gear has been upgraded well enough. Time to retire the "asshat" Whitemane's Chappeau.

No comments: