Monday, October 13, 2008

WAR - Alternates Galore

I missed Tier 2 when my 2-box team was in the front lines taking advantage of their level at Rank 20 and 21.

But at Rank 22, now 23, my low level is mostly food for the bigger fishes in Tier 3. So, once again, leveling feels like a slow grind. I only managed to do quests in the Highelf land obtaining maximum influence in Chapter 10.

I then moved to Empire Chapter 11 in Highpass zone.

In between this grind, I managed to roll 2 Shadow Warriors to Rank 6, power levelled a Witch Hunter to Rank 7 also.

I tried 3-boxing using a friend's Rune Priest, but I got my main laptop to crash everytime in form the group. I isolated the issue with a macro where I invited over 7 names. Some of the names are other alt characters in my accounts. Either I had too many people invited in the macro, or there was an empty line after the /invites. I had to reboot the machine around 10 when I gave up the 3-box. By the time I fixed the issue, I was back 2-boxing.

The power level of the Witch Hunter with a 22 Rune Priest tagging along was kinda ok. I got Chapter 1 and 2 influence--doing AoE with the Rune Priest versus Rank 4 mobs. In Empire Chapter 3, my Rune Priest died 3x before I gave up fighting a Rank 7 hero spider. What sucked was this mob created more normal Rank 7 spiderlings that ate at my Shield + 2x Heal Over Time, while I run out of Action Points to do damage. Plus the adds agro on the Witch Hunter that I had to spend time micro-managing heals and attacks.

I actually played a bit of DotA for some needed change of pace and fun. There is a new dota map 6.55b with 2 new heroes; and bigger map tweaking.

No comments: